Lately God seems to be speaking most clearly to me while I am in a moving vehicle. Scary thought, I know, that I'm more distracted than normal. I guess it's one part of my day that I truly am focused on mainly one thing - driving - so I am able to hear Him more clearly.
I've seen the beauty of the dark rain clouds against the brightness of the sun. I noticed the sun almost seems brighter when next to a dark cloud. I've seen how the darker clouds increase the depth of the blue of the sky. I've seen the sun break through the clouds in picture-perfect rays. I've watched the sky transform as my car changes direction giving me a different perspective. I've felt His presence as He reminds me He is with me even when I feel like I can't see Him.
Today, it was through music. First God reminded me to empty myself so He could fill me with more of Himself. Then I was reminded that I should focus on this moment in front of me because it is the only one I can do anything about. I should see the miracle in it instead of living behind it or looking beyond it. God then took me to my eternal home and what it might be like there. My thoughts drifted to Doug, my first spiritual mentor, who is losing his battle with cancer. My heart breaks for his wife and children and the multitudes whom he adopted as his own over the years. Yet even when he could be in despair about the path God has for him, Doug is simply pleading with those he knows and loves (and even those he doesn't) to give themselves to God. He knows the promise that is before him so he is at peace, and he simply desires for us all not to waste any more time living for ourselves. What an amazing testimony of faith. God then reminded me He can move mountains and He is mighty to save. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He is the same regardless where I am. He is no better of a God when life is going well and no less a mighty Savior when it isn't as I hoped it would be. He simply wants me to lay it all down - the joys, the triumphs, the frustrations, the tears, the mundane. Lay it down, be still, and know that HE is God.
I don't care what the cost of gas is if being in my car allows me to hear my God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Oh my, I think we are kind of dealing with the same thing. Wanting to be emptied to be filled with more of Him. I posted earlier about that song and then just read yours. Can't wait to talk with you at Siesta Fiesta!
Amen and amen, my friend!
Post a Comment