Friday, August 15, 2008

Yeah, you probably wouldn't have cared

I had this big long post about what my morning contained and then realized that you probably don't care how many times I've told the boy not to throw, told the girl not to get into something, or my shock at the cost of Coke. It isn't as big of a deal to you that I found my daughter's rubber band in the parking lot next to our van or that she kept a ponytail in for almost an hour today. It's not significant to you that I witnessed a new natural development in my boy. And you probably won't be as excited as me about the new t-shirt I am wearing today (it simply says, "Shortie" - I LOVE shirts that state the obvious). So I deleted all that and will simply share these two pictures. The girl actually let me put her hair in a ponytail - in all honesty she was distracted by playing with the faucet and water, but I'll take it!

This last picture would be better only if it was intentional - I can see her little attitude all over her face. If I didn't know she simply closed her eyes with the flash, I would so be hearing her say, "I am NOT cooperating!"

Yes, we do think she is too adorable, but she's a firecracker to be contended with. Heaven help us - she might be more stubborn than me!

4 comments:

Abby said...

I love it! Btw, I assume that you were shocked at the price of Coca-Cola and not black market coke.
:)

Meghan DeHart said...

i'm loving the pony tail!

krista and ryan said...

Kaci Kaci!! Breathe deep! One day at a time sweet Jesus!!!How many more days till vacation???

Michelle Bentham Blogspot said...

What beautiful children you have, Kaci.

Your sweet words to me yesterday just blessed my heart and my soul. To think so many women who read a post would have such a heart to bless me as you did.

Thank you for comforting and encouraging me in passing at the Siesta Fest. Love to you.