Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sweet aroma

As I sit here in the corner of my sofa (my spot for getting with God), I breathe in a sweet aroma. The aroma takes my mind back a few years when I knew I had been around a sweet friend and the presence of our Lord. Carolyn has been here. I would recognize that fragrance anywhere. A smile crosses my face, and my heart is warmed. How precious are friends in God - ones that are true and deep and lasting. I was honored today when she shared so openly about her life. I was challenged by her honesty about her struggles and the transparency of her heart. So often I hide behind a mask not wanting others to know my hurts, weaknesses or failures. God reminded me today He is best glorified when our weakness is made known. I saw the power of Him working in her as we spoke. Now her sweetness and His presence linger where she has been. How I wish for my life to be just that...a lingering sweet aroma wherever I go.

No comments: