If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know how music speaks to me. What a gift when others seem to pen words that echo my heart. I am thankful for those that help lead us to His feet - whether it be weekly in a service, at a special event, or through their recordings. I wanted to share 2 new songs (to me) in hopes they may encourage you or strengthen you.
(I've added both to my player at the bottom so you can enjoy them.)
I heard this first song, "Always" by Building 429, today in the car (I'm still enjoying the satellite radio that came with our van...I really figured the subscription would have expired by now!). I immediately thought of some friends who are watching their young daughter, just 2 weeks old, struggle for life knowing her homegoing is imminent. They have been heavy on my heart as I cannot fathom the road they are walking. I've been asking God to be so big for them and to give them the faith they need to continue to trust Him as they walk this road. I've been praying similar prayers for our family. Regardless where we are and what is happening, our Savior never fails. NEVER. And He is with us always. ALWAYS.
"Always" by Building 429
I was standing in the pouring rain one dark November night
Fighting off the bitter cold when she caught my eye
Her face was taught and her eyes were filled, and to my surprise
She pulled out a photograph and my heart just stopped inside
She said, “He would’ve been three today I miss his smile, I miss his face”
What was I supposed to say, but
I believe always, always
Our Savior never fails
Even when all hope is gone
God knows our pain and his promise remains
He will be with you always
He was living in a broken world, dreaming of a home
His heart was barely keeping pace when I found him all alone
Remembering the way he felt when his daddy said goodbye
Fighting just to keep the tears and the anger locked inside
He’s barely holding onto faith
But deliverance is on its way, cause
I believe always, always
Our Savior never fails
Even when all hope is gone
God knows our pain and his promise remains
He will be with you always
Friend, I don’t know where you are and I don’t know where you’ve been
Maybe you’re fighting for your life or just about to throw the towel in
But if you’re crying out for mercy, if there’s no hope left at all
If you’ve given everything you’ve got and you’re still about to fall
Well hold on, hold on, hold on, cause
I believe always, always
Our savior never fails
Even when all faith is gone
God knows our pain and his promise remains
Always, always, He will be with you always
******************************************
Then there's "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller. I first heard this song in the movie "Fireproof", then was reminded about it by a friend who's father was fighting cancer (but is now cancer free!). I heard it again today on the radio, and was challenged to wait actively instead of just wallowing in the silence. John Waller writes the following about the birth of the song: "The explanation for this song is simple, I was waiting on God and I was hurting when I wrote the lyrics. I probably wouldn’t have written a song if my friend, Mike, hadn’t encouraged me to document what I was going through during that time. I’m sure there are few people who can’t relate to this song, but the important thing to remember while we’re waiting on God is to not just wait but to actively wait. Serve, worship and be faithful with what you have, where you are… “even while (you) wait.”
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment