The same mentality I had yesterday flowed over to today. I read a good book until the wee hours of the morning (I was trying to get tired and it failed), and woke to the boy's sweet voice telling me it was time to get up. I'm usually the one freeing him from captivity so it was a nice change. My winner of a hubby continued his streak of little things for me by making the cinnamon rolls we were taking to church. Church was a blessing as always. I love how our worship minister brings us to the feet of God through a variety of music. We grabbed lunch on the way home and settled in for naps. The girl slept at church so she was fighting. The boy was exhausted but fought as well. My precious hubby sent me to our room to get a nap while he kept an eye on the kids. The boy fell asleep pretty quickly, but the girl played happily until I woke up a few hours later. (Can I say there is nothing like a Sunday afternoon nap? They were just understood in my house growing up and we continued the tradition once married. Sadly, with the addition of children they are more the rarity these days.) We got out later and ended up at Pop and Grannylou's house. We all laughed a lot.
During bath time tonight - which was really just play in the water and enjoy some shaving cream time - I was overwhelmed at the small moments. The four of us laughed as the kids played. I realized I wanted to share it with everyone. I want everyone to know what a wonderful family I have. I want everyone to know how adorable and funny my kids can be. I want everyone to see the fatherly love Clay has for these two little people in our care. I want hearts to burst with joy as people hear the deep laughter the boy had tonight as his daddy played "BOING" - I hadn't heard that deep of a laugh in a long time. I want everyone to giggle as the girl shares her personality. I want everyone to fall in love with these three other people like I have. I want to share my blessings; and yet I feel like my words and pictures and even video don't truly capture what I experience. I am amazed I can fall deeper in love with these three people each day. I do not understand why my God gives me the good gifts He does, but I am eternally thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Oh how we love the Skippers! There must have been something in the air today - we had a "delightful" day here as well. Lots of belly laughing!
Post a Comment