Saturday, June 14, 2008

My girl

I found some pictures of the girl in an adorable dress (thanks to Mimi) from last Sunday. I totally forgot they were on the camera so it was a nice surprise today. She wasn't too sure about being photographed that morning as is evident on her face. We dread the day words accompany the looks we got that morning.


Then she realized there was something on her head - and tried relentlessly to get it off. It didn't even make it to church.







The girl's first regular ponytail. I put my hair up today (wait, that's most days in this heat!) and the girl kept messing with my clip. I finally figured out she wanted her hair up too. It was the first time I've seen myself in her physically. It was like watching old pictures of me come to life. My dad just laughs whenever she throws a fit or cries because she doesn't get her way and says, "That was you!" If that's true, we are in big trouble in about 9 years. I'm not sure I will have as much grace and compassion as my folks had with me in my tween years!


She was fascinated with the camera today so I kept snapping and caught her eyes and adorable grin up close. She melts my heart.

2 comments:

Abby said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi said...

my she looks like you with the ponytail!!! i remember you like that!!! I could just eat her up!Have fun with all the kiddos at the zoo-- wish I was there- glad you all are so close and our kids can grow up together!