Thursday, June 26, 2008

The little man in my life

Feeling like the boy has been neglected a lot lately in the picture department, I decided to continue my photo shoot (see previous post). The boy was not as agreeable, but I did catch a few adorable faces. It's hard to believe he'll be three in a week and a day. He can be so challenging and then melt my heart all in the same second. He has such a compassionate heart, and I've seen it a lot this week. Any time he sees me crying, he asks if I am okay. He's even come to wipe my tears away, give me a hug, and pat me on the shoulder/back. I pray his compassion grows as he grows. I know God has big plans in store for this little man.


Here he proudly shows off his best friend - Lightning McQueen. Lightning is almost always in his hand these days. I just laughed when the boy told him to smile.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Where has the time gone? We don't have babies anymore-- before we know it they will be young men!!!! UGH!!! I am cherishing every moment with my boy right now-- from what I understand, the bond is always there- but there is something about this time in a young boy's life with his mama---

Abby said...

Looks like Lightning obeys and smiled!