Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Road trip

We spent the Memorial Day weekend with Mimi, Grandaddy and Aunt Claire. It was our first road trip involving illness - both kids - and that made for quite an eventful few days. The kids enjoyed the stairs, two different parks - one with ducks and a pond, a walk around the neighborhood, and simply being loved on. We got to enjoy time with Uncle Robert, Aunt Virginia, Clay's best friend, my favorite restaurant, and plenty of Phase 10. It was good to be with family we don't see often enough - and we get to see them again in about 6 weeks!



Mimi & Grandaddy bought a fun sprinkler toy to help beat the heat. The kids were a bit unsure of it at first (the water was quite chilly); but once the boy got to control it, he had the time of his life! I only have a few pictures of the weekend, but Aunt Claire (an amazing photographer) got a LOT more of our weekend. I'll share them as soon as I get them (how's that for a little nudge, Claire?)!!!



A highlight of the weekend was getting to see one of my dearest friends. We hadn't seen each other in almost 5 years. It was a joy to meet her boys and visit while we played at the park. I am thankful for friendships that sustain distance and time. Aren't her boys adorable? Gotta love the eldest's hair - which he adorably tells you is orange. The youngest is a mere 7 weeks old. It was a quick (and hot!) visit, but such a joy!

1 comment:

Abby said...

What fun! I want to try out that sprinkler thingy :)