It's one of those days - when there are a million things I need to be doing, but I am totally unmotivated to do any of them and in a strange mood to boot. Fortunately I've had lots of good excuses come my way to help me procrastinate.
It all started when I rolled over and looked at the clock...it read 8:00 a.m. 8:00 a.m.?!?!?!?! It's a school day (school starts at 9:00) and on this particular school day I was meeting a friend early so she could make it to her dentist appointment. MERCY! I skipped the shower (something I really don't like to do, but seem to be doing more often these days), made myself somewhat presentable and started the morning routine with the kids. We made it out the door and met Abby and her girls in time - amazing and I'm still not sure how that was accomplished. I brought the girl and Abby's youngest home with me and we played. It was fun to watch the girl with a friend. I realized it had been a while since she had been here with another kid without the boy -those moments are rare. The two girls are only 7 months apart so they had a lot of fun. Of course I got nothing accomplished while they were here - who would with a 21-month-old and 14-month-old running around? Then I had the joy of visiting with Abby until it was time to pick up the kids from school. SCORE - more reasons not to get anything done. Gotta love a friend who comes through for you like that. And she brought me a coke...she's the best!
Now the kids are down, toys are everywhere, and their lunch is still on the table - well I did put the milk away. It's not been a total waste of a day - my lunch is cooking (yes, it's almost 2:00 p.m.), chicken is thawing for dinner tonight, and a load of laundry is in the washer. My plan was to exercise before lunch, eat and clean up (the house and me), but then I got a call asking for help. In about 1 1/2 hours, I'll have another little boy for about 1 1/2 hours. Rats - not enough time to get it all done and shower before he arrives. So, I'll just eat lunch, blog a bit, and shower.
Totally unmotivated I am (in the spirit of Yoda). And honestly, I don't feel too bad about it - which is obvious as I type this totally pointless post! Man am I glad we don't have a nanny-cam on days like this. If I hadn't let you into our world today you all could go on thinking I'm super-mom! (yeah, right!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Sounds like you're having your own little Diadeloso :)
(It's Dia today :D)
You deserve a day to set the work aside! You work hard all the time!
No, YOU'RE the best! Thanks for loving on my baby while I donated some $$$ and two teeth to Dr. Dayton!
Post a Comment