Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm so proud...

Of my mother! Today, my mother passed the Texas Real Estate Licensing test. She is now an inactive licensee, and is just waiting on the paperwork to be an official realtor. I AM SO PROUD! At the young age of 57, she went back to school (3 weeks of 8 am – 5 pm followed by two home-study courses) and learned more than she ever thought she could about real estate, contracts, etc. I am not sure you all get it… real estate involves math… and math is not my mother’s strongest ability. Yet, she passed the national test on the first try and missed the state portion by only one point… and she passed it on her next try. I AM SO PROUD!!! They say the Texas state portion is one of the hardest in the nation… have I mentioned how proud I am of her? We are not exactly sure what God has in store for Mother in this area; but He led, and she followed. She is a great example of being willing to follow even when it doesn’t make the most sense. I mean, not many people would start a whole new career path in their late 50s, but she has never been one to shy away from where God is calling.

So, kudos to you, Mom. Once again…you inspire and challenge me!

No comments: