Isn't this the cutest little boy you have ever seen? I know I am biased... especially since he looks so much like his father. Born July 5, 2005... he is just over 8 months old. He is our little miracle - we waited almost 3 years to see those two pink lines. Doctors told us we had less than a 5% chance of getting pregnant with no assistance...and Jonathan is proof is that God takes medical percentages and does what is best for His glory. And this time it was to do what they said was almost impossible.
Named Jonathan because it means "gift of God" and he is definitely our gift. His middle name, Isaac, was chosen because of the story of Abraham and Sarah in Genesis. Isaac means laugther and joy. When Isacc was born, Sarah said that he had brought much joy and that everyone who heard about his birth would laugh with her and Abraham (they were well beyond child-bearing years). Well, laughter and joy seemed to be the constant reaction from family and friends when we shared the news we were pregnant. And since birth, our gift from God has brought us much laughter and joy.
At 6 months, he weighed 17 lbs. 2 oz. and measured 28 inches long. He loves to sit up and play. He still shows no interest in becoming mobile, but that is fine by us... we can still leave him in one room while we go in to another. He enjoys eating... and thus far, he hasn't refused anything except chunks of food! He got his first tooth last Friday and he just learned to smack his lips together. He is so proud of himself when he gets the peek-a-block into the box and he loves the little chicken that hops around (an early Easter present from Granny Lou). He would watch videos all day long if I let him. He loves bathtime... and squeals with delight when the water comes out of the faucet... which means he doesn't like getting out and getting dressed, but fortunately, a little song or two distracts him. He is just too loveable... fortunately for me he still loves to be squeezed and kissed... so I'll take it while I can because I know before too long I will be lucky to get a passing hug.
He loves to swing - especially at the park. He generally enjoys being outside... but he doesn't like the sun in his eyes... so, Granny Lou bought him these cute sunglasses to help his light eyes handle the bright Texas sun. I learned a valuable lesson the first time we took a walk after getting the sunglasses... while the velcro strap is great to keep them on, you must make sure you don't get them too tight... after removing the sunglasses he had little lines on his face... it was quite funny! Jasmine enjoys the walks as well...so it is fun for all.Jonathan is a happy boy...and he loves having his picture taken. He knows he is supposed to smile and look in the direction of the camera... regardless what he is doing, if he catches a camera on him he will stop, look and smile. It is quite funny!
My mom did finally catch one with him crying... and it is just too cute... it is hard not to melt when he crinkles that face and those big crocodile tears come rolling down.
I hope these have brought you smiles...










2 comments:
I am SO glad to see you joining the blogger world. I will enjoy your stories.
What a great idea, I will enjoy reading about my favorite little boy in the world! Miss ya'll
Post a Comment