Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A visit from WV

It's been a while since I truly updated you on life around here. It's been a few crazy weeks with Clay's illness in the midst of overtime, various appointments, potty training, lunch with old friends in town for a weekend, a baby shower, a LifeGroup fellowship, and a visit from a dear friend from WV on top of regular life. Clay got hit with another stomach bug (or food poisoning) Monday night, the boy is battling a serious cold, and I am really tired of coughing. Other than that, we are doing great! (Sounds like it, huh?)

It was wonderful to have Meghan and her daughter, Reese, in town for 5 days. Meghan is a part of my gaggle, but God took her family back to WV to plant a church almost a year ago. Reese is only 6 days younger than the girl. It was fun to get the 4 girls born within 2 months back together (although we failed to get a picture with all 4 of them!), and to talk babies all over again as Meghan and Haley are welcoming their second children in just mere months!

Here's our mini-baby shower for Meghan's second daughter, Piper, who will join us in February. It was so fun to be able to celebrate this time with her in person instead of sending a shower in a box! (I apologize for the crazy nature of this post, but I wanted to share what is in each picture. All captions are for the pictures following it except the last one, obviously.)

Here is Meghan's daughter, Reese, pulling off one of her amazing stunts. She was standing in a Lego box, and then SAT DOWN. She stayed like that for quite a while balancing on the slender edge. Quite impressive!

On Monday, we headed to the zoo. It was amazing weather - hitting the 70s! We had a blast, and the animals were in rare form. I've never seen so many so active. Here's our group...

Watching the monkeys play around. I love that I caught Bethany in a model pose - totally accidental, but priceless!



The gorilla wasn't out in his normal area, but it gave us an up close experience. He put on quite a show even running by and banging on the glass.

"Do you see the giraffes, Mommy? Do you see them?"

I must admit I'd never seen a giraffe drinking water. What a funny stance.

The girl wanted to be like all the other big kids.

The lion cubs were having a blast wrestling and trying to climb a tree.

Getting a better view with the help of one of his favorite people.

Checking out the lion cubs having lunch.

Meghan and Reese - isn't this a great picture?

Having fun with one of his best buddies. I LOVE the look on his face as he looks at his friend.

She was copying all the big kids, and managed quite well.

Riding the train...

I had to capture this adorable moment. You would never know these girls were all born within 6 weeks of each other. They are lined up youngest to oldest from left to right.

Monday night we gathered at one of Meghan's favorite Mexican restaurants: On the Border. We got our friendly waiter to take our picture. It's just missing one additional beautiful blonde! We laughed a lot, ate too many chips & salsa, and indulged in some amazing desserts. What a wonderful way to cap off Meghan's visit.


L to R: Haley, Meghan, Kristina, Abby, me

No comments: