Friday, October 24, 2008

My sister's special day

Today is my sister's birthday. I'll be kind and leave out her age, but for the next 6 months she is 4 years older than me! Grannylou, the kids and I surprised her with lunch at school today. Kadyn was also able to join us for the festivities. Everyone had a great time. Kristi's students were excited as well. The girl played shy, but the boy jumped right in. He played hard during recess and ran many laps around the classroom. He got a special treat when one of the students shared her candy. Kristi seemed to be having a good day with lots of attention - even finding a chocolate Zinger and a Coke every so often left on her desk.

Kristi, it's been an interesting road over these 31 years of being your little sister. I am thankful to have you as my sister. I am more thankful that we live close enough to do a lot of life together, and extremely blessed because I call you friend. I hope it is a fabulous day/weekend of celebrating you and remembering all God has done for you. I love you!

1 comment:

Abby said...

What a fun treat!