Friday, September 05, 2008

I say "30", you say "1"

Yesterday my sweet man joined me in the ranks of being 31. I laughed when a friend texted him, "I say 30, you say 1". We had the joy of a date last night - great steak (Saltgrass, baby!) and a movie. It was nice to be out without the kids - and we didn't even talk about them most of the time!!! We didn't get too dressed up (it just isn't us), but I still wanted to document my man's special day. I am so thankful God gave him life 31 years ago and then shared him with me. Another friend was kind to point out we are now closer to 40 than we are to 30...where has the time gone?

And on a side note, the boy is struggling to stay awake late each afternoon. If he's still for more than about 3 minutes after 3:00 p.m. we often find him in just such a position. It's like he just stops mid-action. He isn't quite ready to give up the nap because he has to work so hard to stay awake; but when he does nap, he doesn't go to bed until 11:00 or 12:00!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Happy birthday to the old man! The poor boy (son, not dad) looks like pathetic in that position!