Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yeah, not as cool as I thought

So I'm typing my first post on our new computer. It wasn't planned to get a new one last Thursday, but the BSOD we got on the original laptop last week turned our want into more of a need. (BSOD = blue screen of death, ie. your hard drive is going to crash soon, but you may not have any further warnings.)

We were blessed by the great back-to-school deals and got a lot more computer than we truly need. Thank you, Lord. Our fun new red computer (much to Clay's dismay, but what you get when you go for the deal) stayed in its box until today. I finally decided to break it out, figure out how to get our internet connection working and Norton subscription transferred. Well, it wasn't as complicated as I thought (well, I haven't truly transferred the Norton sub., but the trial goes for 60 days). Go figure.

Anyway, I went to the blog to check a few things, and realized that I'm not as cool as I thought. See, previously when I posted, I made great effort to get my pictures lined up just so and the text where it was pleasing to the eye (yeah for my communication background). I would go back and forth from publishing to editing to get it just right. Well, now I realize that what I saw is probably not what you saw (and you probably already knew this). It all depends on screen size and layout and how big you have your font and a myriad of other things I am sure. Guess that's what happens when you graduate before the internet becomes the dominant mode of communication!

So all this time, I thought I was producing quality work, and I was only fooling myself. I do feel a little cool at the moment though - I've got 2 computers on and both have the internet going. It's the most high-tech I've ever been!

I promise to get to the post about the weekend soon - Mom brought the pics over this morning, but they are on the other computer...you know the one that will probably now work for another year or two!

And for any who are wondering just how small our little gal is - you know, our 18 month old - she weighed in at a whopping 19 lbs today and measures 30.25 inches. Still not on the chart for weight, but she can claim that she's bigger than I was at her age!

1 comment:

The Reid Family said...

Kaci, my dear, I hate to tell you this, but Squirt just went for her 9 month check up today and she weighed 19lbs and measured 30 inches long. Looks like are girls have something in common. :) I love you girl!