I woke up to one of my favorite sounds - rain. But with two toddlers, my first thought was, "Great. Indoors all day." We were supposed to go swimming with our playgroup. These days staying at home all day often provides exhausting challenges. The boy loves to jump on the sofa (one of our house rules) and aggravate his sister. The girl likes to follow me around and search through cabinets, drawers, or whatever (which means she empties all contents of said item). They really are being amazingly good kids today considering.
The house is in great need of attention so I decided today would be a great PJ/TV day. I know, I know, a day of TV? Let's just not get started on that...
Anyway, I've gotten more accomplished today than I have in WEEKS! As I just sat here folding laundry while my lunch cooked, I realized I am so thankful I have a house that needs attention. I am thankful for 3 additional people that look to me for basic needs. I am thankful for 3 additional people that know I am going to give them clean clothes, provide a meal (even if it isn't home cooked), and love. I'm thankful that laundry never seems to end and the house typically needs to be picked up (and that we seem to be busting at the seams of this house).
When I realized I was thinking this, I just had to stop and share. I wanted proof that I am thankful for these things especially for all the times I get frustrated or annoyed.
Today I am thankful - my cup overflows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Amen, friend!
And I know three people that are extremely grateful that you accept the challenge of caring for us and keeping us fed and in clean clothes and so on & so on. Love you.
Your hubby
I am thankful, too. This season of my life is not easy. In fact, it's pretty dang hard, but I am thankful. Thank you for a good reminder.
Post a Comment