Monday, May 05, 2008

A Sunday morning

With the departure of the paci, earlier mornings have graced our home. After seeing a late movie with friends the night before, I was NOT ready to greet the day at 6:30 a.m. Sunday. The boy ate breakfast while I snuggled under a blanket on the sofa watching the news. I turned on Little Einsteins when I went to get a shower, and this is how I found the boy when I got out. He's never been much of one for covers - so this really warmed my heart.




Here's the girl in another outfit Mimi bought for her. I LOVE this dress. The girl looks great in purple and the caterpillars are adorable. She even kept the bow in - at least for a bit. Best part about this dress - she'll be able to wear it for a while thanks to her small stature and warm temps in Texas like 9 months of the year.

An update on life without paci - we've conquered the nights! Last week I took the boy to get a new nighttime friend since paci had to go away. He chose Rocket from Little Einsteins, and that seems to have done the trick. There is little to no fuss while falling asleep and he's sleeping through the night. The mornings are a bit earlier, but manageable. Naps are still a battle, but he's getting more comfortable playing quietly in his room. While some days/nights have been long, the overall war wasn't as brutal as I anticipated. Although he fought long and hard Sunday afternoon, the nap finally won!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yes, I am going to Siesa Fiesta! I am SO excited! Have you registered?