Sunday, May 04, 2008

Celebrating with family

Tonight family gathered at Kristi and Eric's to celebrate my birthday. We spent most of our time outdoors in their big back yard. The girl hung right there with the older kids (with a little assistance). It is great to see the kids growing up and going off to play on their own. At one point the boys were in Dylan's room and the girls were in Kadyn's room - without any prompting from the parents! You'll probably want to enlarge some of the pictures to get a closeup look at some of the expressions on the girl's face. Priceless! Once again, not too many pictures of the boy who rarely stops moving, but I promise he had a load of fun.












It's a tradition for me to have a cookie cake - and my favorite comes from Great American Cookie Company. Mother picked out a fun cake this year - and it was enjoyed by all. The boy simply scraped off the icing, but the girl downed her piece in about 3 bites. Don't count the candles - they were like 5 shy of having enough and simply decided they would just put them between the points on the crown. For those curious ones - I'm now officially "in" my 30s - not just 30 anymore. This one has been a bit harder to swallow, strangely enough. Last year I was proud to reach 30, but now I'm just starting to feel old. Twice in the last week I've realized characters I was watching (once on TV and once in a movie) were my age or younger. All along I thought the TV guys were several years older possibly up to 10 years older - they were acting like such adults. Sadly, I'm older than they are, but I doubt I act like such an adult. I could go on, but I'll spare you the drama in my head.

It was a great birthday weekend that I will blog about in the coming days. The plan was to post them all tonight, but ironing Clay's clothes for tomorrow and getting some zzz's are taking priority. Adios.

1 comment:

krista and ryan said...

Happy Happy Birthday to a godly woman and friend!!!