He enjoyed watching himself in the oven door
- especially when he said, "Escalpa!" (That's "dig" in Spanish. Thanks, Diego)
The boy seems to be a sponge right now as is typical of 2 1/2 year olds. Some of his current favorite phrases are:
- "Come on, amigos!"
- "Make a shell" (while putting his hands on his head). This is often followed by "There's more nuts. Make a shell." as he runs around. This is all from a Diego episode.
- "Uno, dos, tres, cuatro" (as he counts coasters). He can count up to ten in Spanish.
- "Round and round" (he's asking us to dance with him).
- "Thank you, ____." He's gotten very good at thanking others for things - even his sister after he takes something from her hands!
- "Good job!" He says this to himself or anyone else that does something good.
- "Sorry" He knows he has to say it so he'll quickly respond sometimes even before you tell him he did something wrong. I heard the girl crying the other day and figured he had pushed her or something. My suspicions were confirmed when I heard him saying, "Sorry, Whizbiss, sorry" before I ever even got to him.
I could go on and on bragging on our little man, but I will spare you. While he can be a challenge, he can melt your heart with his "Love you, Mommy", his prayers, or his singing (He is Exalted is his current favorite). Can't believe he's on his way to being 3...and the girl will be 1 in eight days!!! More about her next week...






1 comment:
You are a great mommy!
Post a Comment