Thursday, February 14, 2008

Guess what today is...

It's her birthday! Crown her Miss Valentine! I can hardly believe it's been a year since she made her dramatic entrance into this world. (To read the story, click here.) She has been a whirlwind in our lives, and something tells me that is how she is going to approach life. It seems like she does something new each day. Even this morning she stopped nursing and made the sign for eat. I asked if she wanted to eat and she did it again...so off to the highchair we went. She just beamed as the boy and I sang to her this morning (hearing him wish her a happy birthday melted my heart). She seems to know it's her special day. She loves drinking from her sippy cup, she loves eating whatever her brother is having (or anyone else for that matter), she's pointing, she has 5 teeth, she's practicing walking alone, she's a cuddler, she loves giving kisses, she has learned a fake cry and how to throw temper tantrums - feet kicking and all, she loves baths and doesn't care if you pour water on her face, she hates having her teeth brushed, and she is totally captivated by her brother. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you except for one last thing. My absolute favorite thing she does is that the first thing she does in the high chair is put her hands together for us to pray. She picked it up from her brother, and it warms my heart each time I see it. My love for her is intense...and my heart's desire is that she falls in love with Jesus early in life and totally abandons herself to Him.

Here are a few pictures from this morning. Don't you think she knows it's her special day? Then she's enjoying her Valentine's/Birthday card from Mimi, Granddaddy, and Auntie Claire!












Being sentimental, I took pictures of her bath last night so I could capture her last moments awake as an infant. Two things she loves - her brother and baths!












I caught her practicing her spoon skills on Tuesday. She is so proud of herself you can see it all over her body!

4 comments:

Haley said...

SO BIG!!

Abby said...

Adorable! I love where it looks like she is drinking the milk from her cereal bowl!

krista and ryan said...

happy bday Elizabeth. We will see you soon to celebrate!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday E!