I almost don't want to say it for fear of jinxing it, but she has been sleeping 12+ hours a night for a week now! I AM LOVING IT! She is also handling the weaning process well which has surprised me. Again, I am loving that I am now no longer required at feeding time...it's been a long 11+ months! The dad and I hope to get out on a date soon, and we have many babysitting offers to choose from - hooray!! It's like once the gal got her own room she decided independence was a great thing - and she's gotten fast at getting around. She still likes to cuddle, but she's much more content doing her own thing. She learns new things every day and is so proud of herself grinning with her whole body while she claps.
Anyway, I'm not hatin' the boy by all the pictures recently of the girl - he just doesn't stay still long at all these days, and it's hard to truly capture his funny moments in still photos. Most of his funnies are verbal right now anyway. He is very encouraging to himself and others often letting me (or whomever did something) know they did a great job. He's discovered Diego so a few Spanish words are creeping into his vocabulary which is interesting to interpret. He's learning to share with his sister and is becoming more helpful to me too (which he kindly tells you that he is helping).
I could go on and on like all mamas, but I won't. I need to try to capture Ring Around the Rosy on video - the girl figured out yesterday you are supposed to fall down, but she has trouble waiting until the right time...she just stands up then sits down, laughs, and repeats (unless she gets distracted clapping for herself)...of course her brother thinks this is fun! I'll stop - I promise!






1 comment:
She looks adorable!!!!
Post a Comment