Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lovin' my boy

It's a big night here in our house - the boy tee-teed in the potty!!! We put him on it every night in hopes that it'll just happen - and tonight it did! He got the funniest look on his face and then I heard it. I called Clay to join us and we celebrated. I'm not sure the boy got why we were so excited, but at least he didn't get scared by our celebration.

Then during prayer time I asked him what he wanted to thank God for (up to this point he's only said names of family or friends). Tonight he calmly replied, "chicken."

Out of the mouth of babes - melt my heart!

(PS - make sure to listen to the song I talk about in the previous post...it's great!)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Ha! That is great! I remember a day when Jeremy, Clay and I were meeting and I got a phone call where Mikaila told me that she poo-pooed in the potty and I celebrated that with her. Needless to say there was a little bit of ribbing and a good laugh. I warned them both that the day would come when they would celebrate bodily functions... Glad you could join the potty...er, party, Clay. -Bryan