Clay has had almost a week of celebration including a boy's trip to Starkville (with detours to Tuscaloosa and Memphis), an SEC football game, more ribs than one should partake in one day, an evening with close friends, a family gathering, and more to come. I think it's been a good birthday for him...and he's finally as old as me!
The boy was a bit traumatized this morning as we dropped him off with Ms. Joanne, but a friend checked on him later and he was doing well. It's a new era in our world, but I am excited about having a few hours a week alone with the girl and having the option to run errands with only one child! They both looked adorable this morning so the camera had to come out!
The boy was a bit traumatized this morning as we dropped him off with Ms. Joanne, but a friend checked on him later and he was doing well. It's a new era in our world, but I am excited about having a few hours a week alone with the girl and having the option to run errands with only one child! They both looked adorable this morning so the camera had to come out!
UPDATE: Ms. Joanne said he was fine once she picked him up and loved on him a bit. She told him that if he needed a hug at any point just to come let her or Ms. Linda know...and she said a couple of times he walked up to her, held up his arms, and said, "hug." He wasn't too fond of finger painting, but that is no surprise to me. He is usually more intrigued with stuff on his hands than what he can do with it. He did put his hands on Ms. Joanne's and move them around the paper though. He was so excited to see me, but got upset that he had to wait a minute before coming out the door as they gathered his stuff. I'll know better for next time. I stayed after the other parents left to talk with Ms. Joanne and Ms. Linda (which is how I got all this info), and he gladly gave them both "five"; then, on his own, walked over to hug Ms. Joanne before we left. That melted my heart, and will make the tears that I am sure will come Thursday easier to handle.






1 comment:
Happy Birthday Clay and way to go Jonathan! Love ya'll!
Post a Comment