Thursday, August 16, 2007

Time to get wet!

Our playgroup went swimming this morning. The kids did great alleviating any concerns I had about keeping watch on both of them by myself. They both like the water. The boy surprised me greatly. He was a bit timid with just his floaties on, but once I put him in a float he wanted nothing to do with me. He would push my hand away and kick to get away. I'm glad he's so comfortable in the water. He would even throw his face down himself. We may have a member of the swim team on our hands!








I was quite impressed with his ability to move around the pool. He would kick and turn himself in circles (can't you see the water moving?). He just had the best time!









A group picture (taken by another) before we were all there. And a family photo.








This was the girl's first time in a pool. It rained so much this summer that we just haven't had much time to get her wet. She seemed to enjoy the water and didn't even cry when I put her under. She was just laid back trying to get some rays!









She just hung out for a while, but finally gave it up and slept amidst splashing and squealing. I think we may have a little diva on our hands!

No comments: