
Do you see this woman? She is my best friend, and today she moved. After 6 years in my life and never living further than about 2 miles apart, God has called her family to serve Him in AL. Through
Godi Jail (one of her "names"), God has shown me what it means to be a true friend. He taught me about hospitality and showed me a true servant's heart.
JAP fought for our friendship when most others would have washed their hands of me. She is beautiful inside and out, and loves fiercely. Words cannot capture what this woman means to me and how I am better Christian, wife, mother, daughter, and friend because of her influence in my life. I am honored to know her, and blessed beyond imagination to be her best friend. While the distance between us now is greater than a mile, our relationship doesn't change because Christ is the foundation of our friendship. Proverbs 3:5-6 perfectly states the life Jodi lives each day, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Here is her whole family - Jeremy, Emma, and Abigail (arriving in Nov). These two are the first couple friends Clay and I had. It is rare to find another couple where everyone gets along. No one tolerated one spouse or whatever. We all truly enjoy being together. I figure it's simply because Jodi and Clay have the same personality while Jeremy and I are the same. That's why it all worked so well. Thanks for all the late night Outback runs, the Triangle trip, the meals, the laughter, your love and support and so much more...

Jeremy is an amazing preacher, teacher, leader, and friend. His life is a testimony (visit
Jodi's blog and read about July 4
th) and his passion about God oozes from every pore in his body. He has the amazing ability to make complex spiritual truths come to life in a way that anyone can understand. He challenges my thinking and pushes me to be more than I am. When I think of him, Proverbs 27:17 comes to mind, " As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
Jodi and I had the joy of being pregnant together with our eldest children only 4 months apart. Then she picked up being pregnant about the time I quit this second time so the babies will only be 9 months apart. It's been so much fun watching them grow up together. I love hearing the boy talk about sweet Emma...he gets so excited when we're on our way to "see Emma, see Emma" (said with a long E). And to hear Emma call my name as she runs toward me melts my heart. I caught a few pictures this morning, but they were much more interested in playing than standing still. Can't you hear the squealing and giggling?
No comments:
Post a Comment