I never really thought I would long for some dry days living in Texas; but sure enough, I am tired of the wet stuff. I saw a statistic the other day that said we had rain 25 of the previous 35 days...sounds more like Seattle than Texas to me! If I could, I would gladly move the clouds to the areas battling a drought. Mind you, our grass is greener than I think it's ever been, the trees are a deep green, and the plants don't wither each day...but I am frustrated with the bugs that accompany this increased wetness. The flies are awful, the gnats are annoying, the mosquitoes are vicious, and the fleas are indestructible. I don't recall it being this bad in the 6 years we've lived in this town. I've often said that it isn't where we live that I love, it's the life we have here - I'd love this life if we were living it in Timbuktu. We do miss the southeast, but I have found one thing I don't miss - the bugs that come with the humidity...score one for Texas.
Can you tell I'm a bit annoyed by these little creatures God created? I'm at my wits end!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Send the rain to GA - we are in desperate need. I hate that this little front we are having means we don't get all the stuff you guys got two days ago. :)
Post a Comment