Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Such a sweet sound

The boy melted my heart today (as he so often does, but I think this takes the cake so far)...he said MOMMMY!!! Well, at least his version which sounds a bit more like money, but whatever is fine - HE CALLED ME SOMETHING!!!! We were simply playing the "name this" game and for the first time he repeated "mommy". Fortunately my mom was here to witness the event so it really is real! She worked with him on it Friday night and he said "money" a couple of times, but failed to show it off. I tell you I didn't think I could love the little man any more than I already did, but somehow I do.

And before he said my name, he said the closest thing to Elizabeth he has said to this point. Usually it comes out "o-beth", but today it sure sounded like "Lizbeth".

And the girl continues to amaze me as she rolls over and tries to sit up. I could just eat her up! Such sweet moments, smiles and coos after some very trying weeks.

Have I told you how much I LOVE being a mom? I can't imagine a better job.

1 comment:

Changed by His Love said...

WAAAHOO!!! Girl, you have had an exciting week!!! Thanks for letting us know - of course I would rejoice with you, it's awesome! LizBeth is actually kind of cute - it will always be the name "my brother called me". Sweet!!