Clay and I had our first "date" last night since adding a fourth member to our family. This was truly the first time we've had without the kids not counting church, but we are kind of busy during that time! Since Clay's family is coming next weekend and offered us a date night, we chose to simply grab dinner (yummy Quizno's) and rent a movie. It was nice to relax at home and be able to eat dinner at the same time at a leisurely pace. I fought the urge to do things around the house, but I managed to simply relax on the couch. The movie was awful in our opinion (Flags of Our Fathers), but that is par for the course when I pick the movie.
Of course the kids did great-only increasing my sister's disbelief of how fussy E can be. J played great with his cousins and had no trouble going to sleep. This was the first night we've tried just putting him down on a toddler mattress in my parents' room - this means all four kids have a place to sleep without us having to take a pack 'n play or anything! YEAH! And of course, both kids had trouble sleeping once we got home...but I'll take it for a few hours of being able to focus on my husband and my marriage. I'm looking forward to next weekend when we'll actually go out. We are blessed to have family that wants to give us time away as a couple...and we are better for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I love seeing parents invest in their children's marriage!!! I am grateful for my mom and Jeremy's parents, and even my dad (when we visit him), who offer to watch the Boo for a few hours. I tell them often how they help us invest in our marriage...
Enjoy the time next weekend too.
So great chatting with you on Friday....I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment