Friday, January 19, 2007

Playing with others - well one other

Jbird hasn't been the best about playing with others. He has always needed his space, and at times he didn't even want another kid on the floor with him. He has improved GREATLY in this area - we think his improved motor skills have increased his confidence and comfort. I caught the phenomenon on camera last week while his friend, Aroo (his version of Drew), played at our house while his little sister was born. The two boys know each other well, but this was the first time I've watched Jbird join his friend in playing. Drew played with blocks, Jbird went and sat beside to play with blocks too. Here they are at the fridge DJ...they took turns... there was no screaming or crying on either part. I was so excited! And here is the adorable bundle that arrived that day...Cathryn. Jbird did great when Clay and I held her at the hospital, but it was a different story when we visited their house a few days later. Clay and I are both a little concerned about Jbird's adjustment to his own little sister...

No comments: