Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I have a crown

I have a crown...unfortunately it isn't one that sits upon my head - it's in the back of my mouth! I inherited my grandfather's and mother's bad teeth - lots more work than one soul should have to endure in their mouth in one lifetime...and today the dentist found I had a fractured molar. The amazing part is that I had no idea and no pain or sensitivity due to the fracture or decay. So, now I sit with the left side of my face swollen and tingly as the meds wear away and I get to go back next week for the permanent crown. I do love my dentist - he doped me up well so I didn't feel a thing (not even the shots) and he kindly gave my jaw a rest throughout the ordeal. So, I now always carry my crown...and I might try to milk it for all it is worth! Something tells me this won't be the last...thanks, Mom, for passing along your thin enamel...couldn't you have opted for something a bit better to give me?

No comments: