I've heard the stories and laughed...and today, I got to experience it firsthand. My precious little "stinker" pooped in the tub! I have had several discussions with a friend about how I have escaped this experience for so long...and we determined it was because bathtime usually falls right after breakfast. Well, bathtime was after lunch today since playgroup was at the park... and I walked through the perils of a mid-day bath...
We've had a great day - it started a little earlier than I so desired, but everyone was in a good mood all day. I chose not to bathe him as usual after breakfast since I figured he would get sweaty at the park... and I'm glad I didn't because he was pretty nasty! We headed to the park to play with our friends, and Jbird had a great time swinging and watching the other children run/walk around. He finally got tired enough that he fell asleep on the sleeping bag I brought... and no noise or children could stir him! He wasn't even bothered by the transfer to the car or his crib... and he slept another hour here at the house! Lunch was fun... he made a complete mess, but he had a great time eating chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese. So, I decided a bath was a must. Everything was just as usual - he was having a grand time splashing and playing with his toys... then I began to notice that the tub looked a little dirty. "Guess he got dirtier than I thought at the park or this tub got dirty faster," I thought. (We are still bathing in our bathroom after our weekend company!) Then I saw IT! The bits of "dirt" weren't dirt at all... they were pieces of poo that simply preceded the large piece of poo! I just stopped... what to do? I grabbed some toilet paper and tried to pick it out of the tub (I know, I know)... the toilet paper began to disintegrate while the poo began breaking apart. I got as much as I could, then I grabbed Jbird out of the tub and placed him on a towel (see, we hadn't bathed yet). I drained the water, washed all the toys off, then wiped his bath seat and the tub with a Clorox wipe. I placed all things back in the tub (son included) and began the process of filling it up again... just in time to see a stream flowing from my precious boy... NOW HE WAS PEEING!!!! We've had this experience before, but only twice (and both in his little tub)... once before water was even in the tub and once at the very end so I was finished anyway! I just laughed... stopped the water, used a cup to wash the pee down the drain and then started filling the tub again. This time, I quickly bathed him and got out. I figured the longer we stayed in the bath the more damage could be done!
Fortunately, he didn't seemed phased by one bit of this adventure... I am very thankful he didn't think the poo was a toy... and I am thankful for a good laugh and funny story. I thought you might get a laugh out of it too... so I just thought I would share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Are you kidding!! The first time??? My kid poops in the tub almost every night. And it is a definite that he'll pee at least once a bath. I'm no longer phased by the pee. But, there have been days when I've run not one, not two, but THREE baths because of multiple pooping incidents! Count your blessings it was just a one time funny for you!
Post a Comment