Monday, June 05, 2006

A BIG DAY

Today is a BIG DAY in our home... not only is Jonathan 11 months old today, but he took a couple of steps while holding on to the coffee table!!!

For those who don't know... Jonathan hasn't been mobile up to this point. No crawling, no pulling up. He loves to stand, but you have to stand him up.


This afternoon, I decided to let him play at the coffee table for a bit. He started playing with an empty bottle and then I placed it out of his reach. He took a couple of steps to get it. I was so excited... and so was he!!! This is the first time he has seen something he wants and taken steps to get it. Usually he simply leans toward it and then either falls or catches himself before falling.

I think these pictures capture his excitement well.

What a great day! The doctor said our goal for his first birthday was some form of mobility... whether crawling, walking along furniture, or walking alone. I was beginning to wonder if we would reach that goal, and now it looks like we'll get there. What a great way to celebrate 11 wonderful months...

1 comment:

Meghan DeHart said...

How great!!! I bet you were so happy for him!! I'm thinking he's going to just skip the crawling.